Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Group Differences

I really enjoyed the group differences forum today. I liked that different groups read about different topics then everyone was allowed to express their own opinions and ideas about the issues. One thing that I learned today that I had no idea about was that the Asian minority group were referred to as model minority group. I have never heard of this term used before. From the information presented in class today it will help to keep me in check in terms of making sure every group is included in the classroom. I need to make sure that all cultures, economic statuses, and ability levels feel welcome in my class. Maybe for next time the discussion forum could be a couple of days so we could really dig deep into the issues and have more time to thoroughly discuss the topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment